Mother’s birthday ended with her 3-year-old daughter in a coma; doctors find a small piece inside her, and the mother now warns about the danger

When a mother planned her birthday party, she couldn’t even imagine that it would end up making her worst nightmare come true. The day she is supposed to celebrate and be surrounded by her loved ones will not be an occasion for a party; instead, she will remember it as the day her daughter fell into a coma and died a few months later as a result.

Miranda was 3 years old when she passed away.

The little girl was celebrating her mother’s birthday in May when she suffocated and went into a coma. Miranda was hospitalized and attached to life support and her parents fought for her life until the last second.

And now that Miranda is gone, her parents want to raise awareness of the choking dangers children face every day.

Because all it took to end Miranda’s life was one piece of popcorn.

Miranda passed away in November, but her struggle began six months earlier, in May.

Allison, Miranda’s mother, was celebrating her birthday at their home with her husband Patrick, and their three children, when a devastating thing suddenly occurred.

“At the end of Allison’s birthday, Miranda ran to the living room. Big eyes, no sound. Time stood still. Those were the final moments before Miranda collapsed; they checked her mouth but found nothing; Patrick began resuscitating her. The ambulance arrived. Miranda’s heart stopped beating.”

There was nothing inside Miranda’s mouth, but a small piece of popcorn got stuck in her trachea and choked her.

On the way to the hospital, the paramedics managed to make Miranda’s heart beat again. But the little girl’s family didn’t know how serious her injury was.

When Miranda arrived at the emergency room, she was immediately connected to a life support machine.

Her family held fingers, but tragically, the doctors realized that the 3-year-old girl’s brain was actually dead.

The hospital recommended the family disconnect her from the ventilator, but they did not give up their beloved girl.

The parents waged war with the hospital to keep their daughter alive, and the matter even came to court.

Hope began to run low, but Allison and Patrick decided to try their luck in the Supreme Court. As the wheels of justice turned slowly, Miranda continued to lie in the hospital.

Kind-hearted nurses supervised her and also drew sweet paintings with Miranda’s footprint.

But no matter how much Miranda’s father and mother invested in taking care of their daughter, it took the court a long time to reach a decision.

Miranda’s condition suddenly deteriorated, and she passed away in November 2016, with her heartbroken family by her side.

It is now up to us to respect Miranda’s memory and raise awareness of the dangers of suffocation so that the fate of other children will not be the same.

How to reduce the risk of suffocation:

Don’t allow children to access small objects.
Make sure the child is sitting while eating; moving and eating in the mouth is a very bad combination.
Do not allow children to eat while in the car or riding a bicycle—there are always surprising jumps.
If the child has a cold, pay more attention to him or her. When there is congestion in the throat, the chances of things getting stuck are greater.

Please share this important information so that everyone is aware of the danger. Let’s honor Miranda’s memory and make sure no child will have to suffer a similar fate.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button